Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The beginning...

Who am I?
Precious daughter of the King. I am a sinner saved by grace and have been temporarily placed on earth to do good works while I await eternity with God.

1 Peter 2:9-12

9But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

11Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. 12Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.


25 years and 9 months old at this moment in time. I am of Malaysian upbringing but now an Australian; eldest daughter in a family of four - dad, mum & a younger sister. God then brought along into my life a wonderful man with a beautiful and sensitive heart to Him. We have been engaged now for 7 plus months and are very much enjoying our betrothal, though we both look forward to marriage.

Why am I here?
Finding my mission heart is a written journey to discover if overseas mission is really God's will for us. Though geography should not really matter... the idea of overseas sparks insecurity within me. The difference is overseas mission requires us to leave everything behind, uprooting the family and planting ourselves in unfamiliar and sometimes difficult environments. We will live day to day as full time gospel workers while trusting God for His provision and strength to endure persecution. As we pray about this in the coming days, months, years - however long it takes - I want this to be my space to express my feelings, challenges laid before me (& Ed), encouragements from God/others, and would be great to read the potter's work on this lump of clay (me).

What is my ultimate goal?
For as long as I can remember, I have always imagined my life to be simple, typical: I get a degree, I work hard, I meet a guy who loves Jesus, we get married, we raise a godly family, we grow old, we face death. It is 'normal' and we will still be serving God by being good children, an honourable wife, loving mother, caring friend, faithful worker etc.

Just because I have always dreamed that life will be like that, it doesn't mean I continue to pursue that. My ultimate goal is to honour God in obedience. So, if it means finding out whether overseas mission is His plan for me, let it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment