Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 - the grand finale

Okay... so 'grand finale' is not the best description but nevertheless 2010 is drawing to an end, with a few hours left for this year. Big picture wise, the year has been memorable, kicking off 2010 being engaged to Ed & ending the year finishing my studies.

2011 will officially be the period of transition but this year has been a preparation year for what's to come.

Premarital counselling / marriage classes has been one of the highlights of the year. A few of the things that has stuck are: the triangle, God's design is for the wife to submit to her husband and that involves giving Ed room to lead me, I am his helper - as the Holy Spirit is called a Helper and guides us and points us to Jesus so I need to be to Ed a helper. Honesty at all time in the marriage is essential. I am beginning to see how much more God will refine us both after we are married. Already a few things this year have sort of surfaced and hinted on the reality of marriage.

After a difficult 2009 for the family, mum & dad have been slowly working towards being more independent and living life as a couple. The other day I was thinking to myself, 28 years of marriage but still very young. The number of years you are married is likened to the age of a person. So, for them 28 years... adult but still a young adult. As for Ed & I... just a feotus at this stage. Yet to see the 'world'. This has been a good year of getting to know Ed's family... or my family-to-be. Very thankful to God for his parents and their acceptance of me.

I have officially resigned as treasurer after 4 years of ministry to Cabramatta Baptist, although still waiting for God to raise up someone to take on the role. I am thankful that God put me in a very loving and supportive church. However, after a few years in treasury, I found that it has become quite a 'chore'. There is always some paperwork that needs to be done and eventually I found that I had really miss the people contact. Next year will be challenging and exciting all at the same time as Ed & I invest our time in people. I am not really sure how and in what capacity God will use me but simply wanting to be able to say like the prophet Isaiah, "Here am I, send me". Well, I think one of the challenges ahead for me is seeing how I can be a helper and a partner all at the same time to Ed. I pray that I won't be frustrated if I feel like I am lacking in anyway but to be a woman of strength and be fervent in prayer as I bring my weakness to the foot of the cross.

Work has been okay... up and down but in the end of the day it is a job. I have declined in my 'performance' towards the end of the year. My desire is to work faithfully and be a good testimony but that has not been the case. I am lacking motivation. Not sure if God's opening a door or a window for the job in the school but nevertheless He knows best.

I don't think I have grown much spiritually this year. Not declining, just in a steady state. My mind has been so preoccupied all the time. It has been a busy year for me personally. 1/2 of the year (26 weeks) has been taken up with studies and leaves the rest for family, ministry and spending time with others. About a month ago, I woke up in a shocked and sad state. A voice was telling me that I have stopped praying and that I don't love Jesus as I should. I guess it is the Holy Spirit rebuking me. My heart was heavy. For the New Year, I pray that the Holy Spirit will fall afresh on me and that I will really get back into God's word and be more fervent in prayer.

I finished off 2010 being really tired - so tired I feel dysfunctional sometimes. I guess it is because I have so much to do at home yet (paperwork, accounts, etc) After spending a whole day at work, I crave people contact and relaxation when I come home and really struggle to get myself to do anything at all. One thing that is highlighted here is that I lack self-discipline since it is not that I don't have the capacity to that that, I just didn't want to. Need to be more disciplined next year and be wiser in the way I spend my time.

That's it for another year gone. Much to look forward to in 2011 and to be stretched, grow and molded in all areas of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment